Whole lotta nada. Actually, I've been lifting heavy stuff and working on my feet eight to ten hours a day at my sushi chef job. While I can see some results from this, I have been trying to add a workout routine. So, in the mornings, I've been doing calisthenics as soon as I wake up. I find that it gets me awake a lot faster than things like caffeine, and with much better side-effects. Right now I'm focusing on free squats, pushups, dive-bomber pushups, the steam engine (stand with your fingers laced together and placed on top of your head. Raise one leg and crunch forward with the opposite arm until the knee and elbow touch. Reset and do the same on the other side. Repeat. Think "standing bicycle crunch."), supermans, and stretching.
Stretching is getting more and more critical for me, even though I still don't make enough time for it. I'm getting the suspicion that if I don't make time for stretching, stretching will make damn sure I've got time for it via an extremely painful, recurring method.
By the way, any thoughts on increasing pushup numbers with a problematic tricep?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.