10.03.2011

Spiritual Buffness

I recently remembered that one of the tenets of the original Buff Club philosophy was Total Buffness, because Total Fitness is for suckers (probably influenced by the then-popular Sobe commercial phrase: "We want your spirit to be high, your body to be fit, and your mind to be ready."). And I realized that we haven't really discussed these aspects of Buff Club lately.

I've been feeling less spiritually healthy than I want to be lately. A number of years ago, I remember feeling something that approached Enlightenment one day as I was meditating. I had spent the morning in reflection, the afternoon in physical exuberance, and as the evening approached I had tried to let the day's thoughts and exertions flow away from me in meditation. I touched something for a brief moment, and perhaps it lasted for a few hours, but for those few hours everything was clear. I was at peace. I could have died in that brief time and felt neither sadness nor elation, because it didn't matter - not in the sense that I was insignificant, but in the sense that it would have been significant and insignificant at the same time, much in the same way that an impossibly large number is made of an impossibly large number of 1's. Obviously I'll never be able to explain it, because nobody has. Because nobody can.

Anyway, I haven't touched that truth-state in a long time. Perhaps it's because there are many things tying me to a non-cosmic notion of the universe. But I think it has more to do with the fact that I have allowed my inner waters to become needlessly turbulent. So, starting today, I've been meditating to see where it takes me. Hopefully to a state of Sublime Buffness.

So. What's everyone's take on Spiritual Buffness? Intellectual Buffness?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dude. Sounds like you found yourself a fun gig! What do I think about spiritual buffness? It's a science. If you want to be a body builder you should probably buy Arnold's encyclopedia, talk to some buff dudes, and hang at the gym. If you want to pursue enlightenment you should probably buy Patanjali's yoga sutras, find some people who have experience with yoga, and get some meditation techniques. A good places to spend an afternoon, or a lifetime, which ever you have available;) www.eyeblinks.me

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.